Order ♦ Discipline ♦ Intensity ♦ Decision Making
West Pines United Futbol Club is known for its commitment to excellence, strong history of player development and national recognition as a club for champions. Pride, Leadership, Confidence, Responsibility, Commitment and Respect are all attributes that define West Pines United Futbol Club. The club guidelines are set forth to reinforce these personal attributes for coaches, parents and players.
West Pines United Futbol Club (FC) is a year-round, elite youth, travel soccer program whose mission is to develop, train, organize and compete against the best local, regional and national level competition. In doing so, the club aims to develop individual and team skills while stressing sportsmanship, teamwork and fair play in a safe environment. The club’s focus is executing a program that tracks player development, coaching staff and teams in order to develop players whose skills improve season-to-season while developing a passion for the game.
- In Case of Emergency
- Meeting with Coaches
- Code of Ethics & Conduct
- Game Etiquette & Expectations
- Inclement Weather Procedure
- Players must arrive at the field at least ten minutes prior to practice time and players should walk directly to their TEAM ZONE that will be assigned by each coach.
- The coach should be notified in advance if a player is expected to arrive late, or if a player has to leave practice early.
- If a player is unable to attend a practice the coach should be notified in advance of the scheduled practice time to arrange the structure of the practice accordingly with the number of players.
- Players must practice in the West Pines approved NEW practice uniform (PRACTICE SHIRT AND BLACK SHORTS) and must wear the proper equipment, LONG SOCKS to allow shin-guards to stay in place. If a player does not bring the safety equipment (Shin-Guards), the player will not be allowed to train.
- IMPORTANT: The staff members (Assistant and team coordinator) are here to help the HEAD COACH, all decisions will be made by the head coach, so any concerns / questions or complaints, go straight to the Head Coach, all staff members should be respected as if they were the Head Coach. No disrespectful behavior from parents will be allowed. Refer to code of Ethics.
- before practice start, the player can request the coach for a meeting after practice, this meeting can take place on the coaches side one on one with the player only.
- an appointment must be made for the meeting to take place at the Trailer Building. The parent should communicate to the Team Coordinator or the coach by email about this meeting with some time in advance so the Trailer Building will be reserved for such a meeting.
A third party should always be involved during meetings
WPU reserves the right to sanction and discipline any person who violates these principles.
West Pines United FC will take actions if any person violates these rules with suspensions, monetary fines and possible dismissal from the club .
- Notify any absences & tardiness on time to both Coach and team manager
- Quickly respond when collecting funds for Tournaments, expenses, etc…
- Everyone pay for tournaments fees whether player is going or not (TEAM)
- A player who do not participate on a team fundraising, the player will be excluded from the amount collected.
- Any payments deadlines must be paid in full by giving deadlines. Meetings are to discuss team concerns, everyone should participate, if the coach asks you for any ideas please feel free to speak out to put into discussion, punctuality is a most.
- PLEASE no one writes in the WhatsApp Group, the group chat is only to be used by the coach or manager as information only, no replies, do not ask questions in the group chat and please DO NOT send pictures of any kind without permission. For questions
- Reply to the coach or manager in a private chat.
- Please DO NOT walk onto the field to talk to the coach, there is a protocol to do this let’s follow it. (make an appointment with the manager)
- BEFORE < DURING < AFTER games no parents are allowed to cross the field for no reason whatsoever, please stay on the parents side until the boys are done with their game and they will walk out of the field.
- AFTER GAMES (24 Hours RULE): if you are upset or didn’t like something about the game or even if you are not upset but need to talk to the coach, all parents need to wait 24 hours after the game to discuss anything with the coach.
- NO ALCOHOL BEVERAGES are allowed in any West Pines Park nor in any public parks where kids are around.
- NO COACHING ON THE SIDE LINES, players need to follow their coaches instructions only, you as a parents should sit down, encourage the team and enjoy the game. No directions.
- When the lightning alarm goes off, the fields have to be vacated immediately. You should go to your vehicles and wait for the “all clear” to sound 3 times.
- Practices are never canceled unless your coach/Club sends an email / text/ WhatsApp message to inform otherwise, NOTE: if while practice is on, the weather is bad, and the alarm sounds, every parent & players needs to pick up their belongings and go inside your cars until the alarm sounds again 3 times. (MANDATORY)