West Pines Kickoff Classic
Register Here – Girls Weekend
Register Here – Boys Weekend
Please Note: We have changed registration back to the “Gotsport system”
- WPU Kickoff
- Dates & Schedules
- Levels of Play
- How Do I Register?
- Registration Fee - Referee Fees
- Tournament Format
Girls weekend will be played October 2-3rd, 2021
Girl's Weekend Schedule: CLICK HERE
Boys weekend will be played Columbus Day weekend October 9-10th, 2021
Boy's Weekend Schedule: CLICK HERE
Boys Teams ages U13 thru U/19 Broward County
The sites are the West Pines Soccer Park, Silver Lakes North, Towngate Park, and Chapel Trail Sports Park, Miramar Regional Park, Brian Piccolo Park and Central Park.
Entry fee will be as follows:
2 day pass to either North Collier Regional Park or Paradise Coast Sportsplex
- Adult $8.00
- Children 5 and older $5.00
- Under 5 free
Levels of Play:
SHOWCASE: U15-U16-U17-U19 Age Group Brackets The highest level of competition. Teams that compete regionally and nationally. Top Division I teams from across Florida, out-of-state, and international teams are expected to participate making this a highly competitive division.
PREMIER: U9-U19 Single Age Group Brackets: U9-U12 Non-Heading Premier Division is for average Division 1 and competitive Division II teams. If the number of applications at a certain level allows, additional flights will be created to allow for appropriate competition. Teams from Florida and out-of-state are expected to participate in the Premier Divisions. Plus, a special U9 Division (Future Stars) only for U8 teams.
CLASSIC: U9-U19 Single Age Group Brackets: U9-U12 Non-Heading Classic Division is for Division 2 and newly formed teams that are playing at Division 2 or 3 levels. If the number of applications at a certain level allows, additional flights will be created to allow appropriate competition. Plus, a special U9 Division (Future Stars) only for U8 teams.
U9 Future Stars (U8 Teams): The U9 Future Stars division is set-up for U8 teams only. Note that the U9 Future Stars will play under the U9 rules
How Do I Register?
Please Note: We have changed registration back to the "Gotsport system"
Teams will need to register via online for:
Girls: – Application (Click Here)
Boys: –Application (Click Here)
All teams must register on-line. Teams may pay by credit card online. Teams/clubs wishing to pay by check should make their check payable to West Pines United FC and note the registration number on the check memo line. Mail to:West Pines United FC C/O West Pines Kickoff Classic PO Box 821443 Pembroke Pines, FL 33082
- Please complete the online application via GotSoccer.
- Make payment either via credit card or by check.
- Teams will not be eligible for acceptance until the registration fee has been received.
- Any team not accepted will receive a refund.
- Any team which withdraws after the application deadline of September 15th 2021 will not be eligible for a refund.
$600.00 for U9 and U10 (playing 7 v 7) $600.00 for U11 and U12 (playing 9 v 9) $700.00 for U13 - U19 (playing 11 v 11)
Registration fee DOES NOT INCLUDE the referee fees. REFEREE FEES 7V7 FORMAT $25.00 PER/TEAM PER/GAME 9V9 FORMAT $50.00 PER/TEAM PER/GAME 11V11 FORMAT $55.00 PER/TEAM PER/GAME
Each team is guaranteed a minimum of 3 games
- U9 and U10 teams play 7-a-side and may carry up to 12 players with 5 guest players allowed
- U11 and U12 teams play 9-a-side and may carry up to 16 players with 5 guest players allowed
- U13 to U19 teams play 11-a-side and may carry up to 22 players but only 18 players can play at any given time. 5 guest players allowed.
The recommended form of communication is via email. The tournament staff can be reached by sending your e-mails to email@example.com
Bracket of Four: Played as a single group of four teams in a round-robin format, with the two teams accumulating the most points advancing to the final.
Bracket of Five: Played as a single group of five teams with all teams playing 2 games on Saturday and then get re-seeded 1thru 5 to play on Sunday in play-off format. Number 1 will play the winner of seed number 2 vs 3. 4 vs 5 will play a consolation game.
Bracket of Six: Played as two groups of three teams. Each team will crossover and play the three teams in the other group. The two teams accumulating the most points (Top Points/Wildcard 1 versus 2nd Most Points/Wildcard 2) from all six teams will advance to the finals to determine which team is the champion. It is possible that the finalists could have played each other already.
Bracket of Eight: Played as two groups of four. The winner of each round-robin group will play a final game to determine the Champion and Finalist.
Determination of Bracket/Division Winners:
Game Points: 3 points for a win, 1 point for a Tie, 0 points for a Loss.
If Two Teams Tie: Starts with tie-breaker number 1 and proceeds through each level, as needed to determine a winner.
- Head to head result (but not in the case of a three-way tie)
- Net goal differential, maximum of four (4) goals per game
- Most goals scored, maximum of four (4) goals per game
- Least goals allowed, maximum of four (4) goals per game
- Number of shutouts
- Penalty kicks in accordance with FIFA “Taking of Kicks from the Penalty Mark.”
EXTERNAL CONDITIONS, WEATHER, ETC.
Regardless of weather conditions, players and coaches must be on the field at the scheduled time, ready to play.
In case of inclement weather or field conditions, games may:
- Reschedule or Relocate match (Time and location determined by Tournament Director).
- Shortened match – The Tournament Director may reduce the length of halves due to weather conditions before the restart of a match once delayed due to weather; all such matches will be considered official.
- Go to “Penalty Kicks” (Time and location determined by Tournament Director)
- Be Cancelled (The tournament committee has the right to cancel any match. Any game that is not started and is canceled [as opposed to postponed] due to weather or other external conditions, will be recorded as a 0-0 tie. Canceled games will not be rescheduled.).
*** If in the event the Tournament Director rules that during the preliminary round “Taking of Kicks from the Penalty Mark.” will be done due to inclement weather or field conditions, the following rule will apply:
- Each team will take a maximum of five (5) penalty kicks.
- At the end of five (5) kicks the game will be scored as a 1-0 win for the team that has scored more penalty kicks, or a 0-0 tie if both teams are tied in penalty kicks at the end of five (5) kicks.
- In the overall standings, 3 points will be given for the win, 1 point for a tie and 0 points for a loss.
- The 1-0 win in penalty kicks will be counted for or against to determine the tiebreaker for advancement.
- If regular games have been played in the bracket and the Tournament Director has determined that other games go to penalty kicks due to inclement weather or field conditions, the regular games score will revert back to a 1-0 win or a 0-0 tie.
Only referees or duty manager can suspend a match already started due to weather conditions. Duration of any suspension will be determined by the Tournament Director. In case of extreme weather (heat/humidity), a break will be given at the midpoint of each half of regulation time and at the end of each overtime period (if played) for player hydration. This break will be given at a normal stoppage of play and it is mandatory for any FYSA sanctioned match during which the air temperature is or is expected to reach eighty-five (85) degrees. (FYSA Bylaw 402.4)
To better serve players, teams, and families participating in the West Pines Kickoff Classic the tournament has partnered with HBC Event Services and the Greater Ft. Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau to coordinate hotels for teams.
It is mandatory that all out of area teams needing hotel accommodations book directly at one of the official West Pines Kickoff Classic hotels.
- Girls Weekend – West Pines, FL October 2-3 2021
- Boys Weekend (U13 thru U/19) – West Pines, FL October 9-10 2021
- Boys Weekend (U8-U12) – Naples, FL October 9-10 2021
If you have any questions please contact HBC directly at 505-346-0522 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for accommodation solutions.
With Showcase Divisions in the U15, U16, U17, and U18/19 boys’ and girls’ divisions the West Pines Kickoff Classic promises to be a great weekend of high level, competitive soccer. We request that Girls College Coaches register online (via GotSoccer) and Boys College Coaches register online (via GotSoccer) for attendance at the West Pines Kickoff Classic so that we can better serve you while in attendance at the tournament.
College Coaches are asked to check-in at the “Soccer Building” at West Pines Soccer Park, upon arrival at the West Pines Kickoff Classic to pick up books and additional team rosters and information. U15, U16, U17, and U18/19 games will be played at both West Pines Soccer Park and Central Park.
For additional information or questions please email the West Pines Kickoff Classic. We look forward to your attendance at the West Pines Kickoff Classic this coming October.
Interested in being a part of the referee pool for the West Pines Kickoff Classic? If so, please contact Matthew Weber at email@example.com