West Pines Kickoff Classic
Bracket of Four: Played as a single group of four teams in a round-robin format, with the two teams accumulating the most points advancing to the final.
Bracket of Five: Played as a single group of five teams with all teams playing 2 games on Saturday and then get re-seeded 1thru 5 to play on Sunday in play-off format. Number 1 will play the winner of seed number 2 vs 3. 4 vs 5 will play a consolation game.
Bracket of Six: Played as two groups of three teams. Each team will crossover and play the three teams in the other group. The two teams accumulating the most points (Top Points/Wildcard 1 versus 2nd Most Points/Wildcard 2) from all six teams will advance to the finals to determine which team is the champion. It is possible that the finalists could have played each other already.
Bracket of Eight: Played as two groups of four. The winner of each round-robin group will play a final game to determine the Champion and Finalist.
Determination of Bracket/Division Winners:
Game Points: 3 points for a win, 1 point for a Tie, 0 points for a Loss.
If Two Teams Tie: Starts with tie-breaker number 1 and proceeds through each level, as needed to determine a winner.
- Head to head result (but not in the case of a three-way tie)
- Net goal differential, maximum of four (4) goals per game
- Most goals scored, maximum of four (4) goals per game
- Least goals allowed, maximum of four (4) goals per game
- Number of shutouts
- Penalty kicks in accordance with FIFA “Taking of Kicks from the Penalty Mark.”
EXTERNAL CONDITIONS, WEATHER, ETC.
Regardless of weather conditions, players and coaches must be on the field at the scheduled time, ready to play.
In case of inclement weather or field conditions, games may:
- Reschedule or Relocate match (Time and location determined by Tournament Director).
- Shortened match – The Tournament Director may reduce the length of halves due to weather conditions before the restart of a match once delayed due to weather; all such matches will be considered official.
- Go to “Penalty Kicks” (Time and location determined by Tournament Director)
- Be Cancelled (The tournament committee has the right to cancel any match. Any game that is not started and is canceled [as opposed to postponed] due to weather or other external conditions, will be recorded as a 0-0 tie. Canceled games will not be rescheduled.).
*** If in the event the Tournament Director rules that during the preliminary round “Taking of Kicks from the Penalty Mark.” will be done due to inclement weather or field conditions, the following rule will apply:
- Each team will take a maximum of five (5) penalty kicks.
- At the end of five (5) kicks the game will be scored as a 1-0 win for the team that has scored more penalty kicks, or a 0-0 tie if both teams are tied in penalty kicks at the end of five (5) kicks.
- In the overall standings, 3 points will be given for the win, 1 point for a tie and 0 points for a loss.
- The 1-0 win in penalty kicks will be counted for or against to determine the tiebreaker for advancement.
- If regular games have been played in the bracket and the Tournament Director has determined that other games go to penalty kicks due to inclement weather or field conditions, the regular games score will revert back to a 1-0 win or a 0-0 tie.
Only referees or duty manager can suspend a match already started due to weather conditions. Duration of any suspension will be determined by the Tournament Director. In case of extreme weather (heat/humidity), a break will be given at the midpoint of each half of regulation time and at the end of each overtime period (if played) for player hydration. This break will be given at a normal stoppage of play and it is mandatory for any FYSA sanctioned match during which the air temperature is or is expected to reach eighty-five (85) degrees. (FYSA Bylaw 402.4)
To better serve players, teams, and families participating in the West Pines Kickoff Classic the tournament has partnered with HBC Event Services and the Greater Ft. Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau to coordinate hotels for teams.
It is mandatory that all out of area teams needing hotel accommodations book directly at one of the official West Pines Kickoff Classic hotels.
- Girls Weekend – West Pines, FL October 2-3 2021
- Boys Weekend (U13 thru U/19) – West Pines, FL October 9-10 2021
- Boys Weekend (U8-U12) – Naples, FL October 9-10 2021
If you have any questions please contact HBC directly at 505-346-0522 or via email at email@example.com for accommodation solutions.
With Showcase Divisions in the U15, U16, U17, and U18/19 boys’ and girls’ divisions the West Pines Kickoff Classic promises to be a great weekend of high level, competitive soccer. We request that Girls College Coaches register online (via GotSoccer) and Boys College Coaches register online (via GotSoccer) for attendance at the West Pines Kickoff Classic so that we can better serve you while in attendance at the tournament.
College Coaches are asked to check-in at the “Soccer Building” at West Pines Soccer Park, upon arrival at the West Pines Kickoff Classic to pick up books and additional team rosters and information. U15, U16, U17, and U18/19 games will be played at both West Pines Soccer Park and Central Park.
For additional information or questions please email the West Pines Kickoff Classic. We look forward to your attendance at the West Pines Kickoff Classic this coming October.
Interested in being a part of the referee pool for the West Pines Kickoff Classic? If so, please contact Matthew Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org